Saturday, July 7, 2012

It has been a couple of days since I've blogged. We are now in Ogallala, Nebraska. We left Chicago on Thursday and travelled just a few hours to John and Carmen's home in St, Joseph, Illinois. W experienced crazy temreratures- 104 at one point! I have no photos because my camera wasn't working so well. Their children, Jake and Caleb kept us entertained- great kids!

Then on Friday we headed for Des Moines, Iowa to visit my nephew George. It was another scorcher on the road- well over 100. I am getting very creative in finding ways to cool down. The best is soaking my clothes in the sink at rest stops- it kept me cool for an hour at least!
 Baby George
 Drake
Jaxson
Sadly, I didn't get a picture of everyone- we left before anyone else was up so no opportunity to get everyone together.



 These are scenes of a street in Ogallala, Nebraska. Of course we had too have a beer in the saloon! 
Our hotel in Ogallala.
Tomorrow we head for Laramie, Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment