Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fremont, Ohio to Shamokin Dam, PA

Eight hours of mostly mid-90 degree heat, and we have learned some tricks to make it more bearable. I have a bandanna like thing that I usually wear to stay warm. I get it really wet and wear it around my neck to say cool. I keep a bottle of water handy and pour small amounts on my gloves and dribble it on my riding pants. Also after about three hours of straight riding we begin stopping more often-like every hour! And we drink lots of fluids. McDonald's has an awesome iced coffee that really hits the spot!!

So we made it the Shamokin Dam in Pa and came partly on interstate 80 and then on route 45- beautiful farms and cute towns along the way. We began seeing more BMW riders as we left Ohio and came into PA- all heading to the rally in Bloomsburg. We are just 15 miles south of the rally location, but are ready to head home at this point. The heat index over the next few days will stay over 100 degrees and we have been gone almost 5 weeks now.

No photos today- will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment