Sunday, July 21, 2013

Salem, OR to Enumclaw, WA: Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier

I took 160 photos today so it is hard to know what to show. We saw two magnificent mountains today, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier. I can recall the eruption of Mt. St. Helens, so it is significant in that it took place in my lifetime. I watched the aftermath on a small 12" black and white t.v. while living in Richmond, but I recall the event well. I'll try to pick the photos that best show each mountain, but every view and every angle was just amazing and brought different shades and colors to the pictures. I will start with Mt. St. Helens:
 
First, we had to say good-bye to our good friends from Washington, Diane and Roger






















Moving on down the road to Mt. Rainier
 
























We stopped in Enumclaw, WA and found this great motel, where we can see Mt. Rainier in the distance. Below are sights in the town of Enumclaw, WA, a very friendly town.




 
 
These are a small sampling of the photos taken today!! Tomorrow we head north towards British Columbia, Canada.


No comments:

Post a Comment